Sunday, September 13, 2009

SATURDAY EXPLORATION - THE FRENCH QUARTER

A couple Saturdays ago, John stopped his studying to go on a brief exploration of the French Quarter with me. Here is a glimpse of the balconies that are EVERYWHERE. So cool.


After we walked around for a while...we decided to stop at Johnny's Po-boy shop for a classic New Orleans lunch. For all those of you non-New Orleanians...I will define a po-boy for you: A loaf of french bread sliced in half and generously stuffed with the meat of your choice. What's that you say? This po-boy of which I speak sounds like nothing more than a sandwich? The Californian in me says "Correct oh savvy blog reader!" But now I am a New Orleans woman, and have quickly learned that once you cross the Louisianna border - you are in po-boy territory and a sandwich of meat and bread is no longer simply a sandwich. It's a tradition. It's a food staple. It's what's for lunch. haha




No comments:

Post a Comment